TBK Bank Scholars Program 2021
At TBK Bank, we know the value of education. We also know the value in helping train future leaders in the communities we serve. That’s why we’ve created the TBK Bank Scholars Program: a $1,000 scholarship for ten hardworking students who qualify as low to moderate income, in keeping with standards set forth by the Community Reinvestment Act. We encourage any student living in a community served by TBK Bank and demonstrating financial need to apply.
Eligible students have the opportunity to complete and submit their applications beginning Tuesday, February 16th, 2021, and ending at the close of business on Friday, April 16th, 2021. Applications must be submitted in their entirety by either emailing it to email@example.com or submitting it through a branch drive-thru at any TBK Bank branch before the April 16th deadline. Please coordinate with your local branch to arrange a drop-off time. Program applicants do not need to be registered account holders with TBK Bank, SSB.
Each applicant must:
- Be a high school senior on track to graduate in the Spring of 2021
- Be a current resident in one of the following counties:
- Colorado: Adams, Arapahoe, Archuleta, Baca, Bent, Boulder, Broomfield, Chaffee, Crowley, El Paso, Jefferson, Kiowa, Kit Carson, La Plata, Logan, Morgan, Otero, Park, Prowers, Pueblo, Washington, Weld, Yuma
- Illinois: Carroll, Fulton, Henry, Kane, Mason, Rock Island, Whiteside
- Iowa: Scott County
- Kansas: Greeley, Morton
- New Mexico: Bernalillo, Cibola, McKinley
- Texas: Dallas
- Be entering an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2021 as a Freshman
- Be able to provide a college acceptance document from an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- Provide a high school transcript (a photocopy is acceptable)
- Demonstrate financial need, as determined by family income level
- Submit a brief essay (not to exceed 750 words) answering the prompt: ‘How I will use my college education to make a difference in my community.’
- Submit the completed Application form in its entirety
* Employees, officers, and directors of Triumph Bancorp and their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, and respective immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings, step-family members, and in-laws) are not eligible to apply for the TBK Bank Scholars Program.
Completed applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by one of four distinct committees comprised of TBK Bank team members. Each committee will review applications submitted from a geographic region in which they do not live or work. This process of having three distinct committees will help to ensure that applicants are selected objectively, fairly, and without bias.
Ten applications will be selected based on GPA, school involvement, extracurricular activities, work experience, and their answer to the essay prompt.
Selected recipients will be notified in May after the Committees have made their decisions. Due to the volume of applications received, applicants who are not selected will not be notified by TBK Bank.
Payment of Scholarship
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States where the student has been accepted on the students’ behalf to be used toward tuition. Under no circumstances will the scholarship funds be paid directly to the student.
Use of the scholarship cannot be postponed. If the scholarship recipient is unable to attend school in the fall semester immediately following high school graduation, the scholarship funds will be forfeited and awarded to the next qualified recipient.
In the event that a scholarship recipient receives a full-ride scholarship from another source, any award from TBK Bank will be forfeited.
TBK Bank reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or suspend the TBK Bank Scholars Program at any time and for any reason and to change any or all of the rules regarding the grant or use of any scholarships.
Your essay must be nonfiction and between 500 and 750 words. Your essay must be a wholly original work. All copyrighted materials must be properly cited/attributed. Use footnotes to attribute all quotations or copyrighted material used in your essay. Footnotes will not be included in the word count. Entries that fail to attribute materials used in the essay will be disqualified.
If you have any questions about the scholarship or about accepted forms of income verification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.