Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service that eliminates the hassles of writing checks and withdrawing cash. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting!
Popmoney is affordable and convenient for you and the people you send money to. It is easy to use, completely secure, and the fastest way to send and receive payments.
- Send money from your mobile device
- Send a gift to family and friends
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing
- Pay your babysitter or your lawn care service
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
- Completely secure and affordable
Have some questions about Popmoney? Please refer to our Popmoney FAQ below — or just contact us at your convenience.
- Sending Money
- Log-in to Online Banking at tbkbank.com.
- Select the account with access to Bill Pay.
- Click on Bill Payment.
- Once you are in Bill Pay, select Popmoney from the top toolbar.
- From here, you can send or request money.
- Complete the screen and click Continue.
- Click on Search existing contacts. Or, select Add New Contact.
- To Add New Contact, enter the First and Last Name of the individual.
- You will then select how you want to send money. Select Email, Mobile or Bank Account. If you select Bank Account, you must have the individual’s bank account number and bank routing number to send the payment.
- Enter the Amount you want to send. To view your limits, select View Limits. If you want to make it a recurring payment, click “Make this a recurring payment”. You will then have the option to set the recurring frequency.
- Enter the Send Date. You can initiate a payment up to 30 days in advance.
- Select the Delivery Method. Standard delivery will have a lower fee than Next Day delivery.
- Using the
dropdownarrow. Select the account you want to pay from.
- Enter a message to the recipient of the money so they know it is coming from a known source and can be watching for it.
- Once finished, press Continue.
- Once you have pressed Continue, you will receive a confirmation screen. This screen gives you the date the recipient should receive the money and the date they must accept it by to meet that deadline.
- To approve as shown, press Send Payment.
- A confirmation screen will be returned showing the amount and date the money will be sent. It also informs you what happens next so you can inform the recipient.
- At this point, you can schedule another payment, choose another bill pay option or Sign Out.
- Requesting Money
- After logging in to Online Banking, select Bill Pay
- Select Popmoney from the top toolbar
- Select Request From to search through existing contacts or Add more people to add another contact.
- To add a new contact, enter the first and last name of the individual.
- Enter the individual’s Email address or Mobile phone number and select Save or Save and Add Another. By adding another you can send multiple individuals the request all at once. You will even have the option to request a different amount by individual.
- Enter the amount being requested
- Verify the account number you want the money to be credited to, add a due date, if desired, and select Next
Once you have selected Next, you will receive a review screen. Review this screen for accuracy, edit as needed, and once approved, select Send Request
A confirmation screen will be returned showing the requested individual(s) and amounts. Each individual receive an email notifying them of the requested amount.
- Popmoney FAQs
What is PopMoney?
PopMoney is a personal payment service that eliminates the need for checks and cash. PopMoney makes sending and receiving money as easy as emailing and texting. Use PopMoney with your existing bank account to send and receive money.
How does PopMoney work?
Sending Money: Log-in to Online Banking. Select Bill Pay from the Navigator bar to locate PopMoney. From here you can send money to any individual by using their email address or account information. You will be notified when the transaction is complete.
Receiving Money: When someone sends money to you, you will receive an email or text message.
What can I use Popmoney for?
The following are just a few of the convenient ways that Popmoney can be used:
- Send money to your child at college.
- Send a gift to family or friends.
- Reimburse friends for that fun outing.
- Pay your babysitter or lawn care service.
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates.
Will my account information be shared with the recipient?
No, your account information will not be shared with the recipient. The recipient will only see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote for the payment. When you send a payment to an email address, the recipient will also see your email address. Similarly, you will not be able to see the recipient’s account information.
What are the different ways that I can send money to someone?
You can send money to someone using their email address, mobile number or account information:
Email address: Your contact will receive an email with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her account.
Mobile number: A text message will be sent to the recipient on your behalf with instructions on how to direct the payment into his or her account. You may want to tell your contact that standard message and data rates may be applied by the Service Provider.
Account information (routing and account numbers): The money will be deposited directly into your recipient’s account. You will also have the option to send an email to the recipient.
When will the recipient receive the funds?
Receipt depends on the delivery option selected by the sender. If the sender has selected 3-day or standard delivery, then the recipient will receive the funds 3 business days after accepting the payment. If the sender has selected Next Day or Express delivery, then the recipient will receive the funds 1 business day after accepting the payment.
If the sender does not have an option to select a delivery speed, it could be because the recipient has used PopMoney and selected the Automatic Deposit option. In this case, funds will normally be available to the recipient on the next business day. Funds will also be available on the next business day if you have provided your contact’s account information.
If you have exceeded payment limits, the funds will be available in three business days.
When will the funds be deducted from my account?
If you make a payment prior to 9:00 pm CST on a business day, the funds will be debited from your account on the same day. The transaction should be visible on your bank account the following day.
If you make a payment after 9:00 pm CST or on a non-business day, the funds will be debited from your account on the next business day.
Why do I have limits on payments?
For your protection, limits have been created on how much money and how many payments can be sent during various time periods. You can click on the Help icon next to the Amounts field to view your available limits.
Why am I asked to enter a message to the contact?
A personal message helps to give your contact confidence that they are receiving a payment from someone they know. It is also your opportunity to communicate the purpose of the payment.
What are the fees associated with the service?
TBK Bank does not charge a fee for using Popmoney.
Can I cancel a payment?
Yes, you may cancel a payment anytime before or on the send date. Your contact will be notified if you cancel a payment after a payment notification has been sent.
Can I send money internationally?
No, currently you can only use PopMoney to send money within the United States.
What are the different ways I can request money from someone?
You can request money from someone using their email address or their mobile phone number.
Can I request money from multiple contacts at a time?
Yes. You can request money from multiple contacts by entering their phone numbers or email address in the “From” field. You can also request or specify different amounts from different people in the same request.
Do I pay a fee if my request is not paid?
No. TBK Bank does not charge a fee for using Popmoney.
Why don’t I see a payment that I am expecting?
If you are expecting a payment and you do not see it in your Incoming Payments, this could be because you have not added the email address or mobile number to which the payment was sent. Go to Preferences to verify or add the email address or mobile phone number. Once you are done, you will be able to see the payment immediately.
What happens when a payment someone sent me expires?
You have ten days from the send date to deposit a payment. When a payment expires, the funds are returned to the sender.
Where can I find Received Requests and Invoices?
All unpaid money requests and invoices are listed in your To Do List in the Overview tab.
Is there a fee for paying a request or invoice?
What do I do if I do not want to pay the request?
You have the option to reject the request. Click on the details of the received request and select the reject option. You have the option to send a message to the requestor at that time. If you do not take any action, the request will eventually expire (typically in 30 days).
What are the different payment statuses?
Below is a list of all the possible payment statuses and their definitions:
The payment was placed on hold because the sender failed verification when attempting to schedule the payment. Please call 855-894-8710 to remove the hold.
Payment you sent: The recipient was notified of this payment. The funds will be withdrawn from your account the next day.
Payment you received: The payment is being processed and the funds will be deposited into your account within three business days.
Payment you sent: The recipient was notified of this payment and the payment is being processed.
Payment you received: The funds are being processed and will be deposited into your account within three business days.
A payment may fail due to one of the following reasons:
- The recipient is unable to validate access to the mobile phone as provided by the sender.
- The funds could not be deposited into the account provided by the recipient.
- There are insufficient funds in the account to cover the amount of the payment.
The sender stopped the payment after the send date. The funds are returned to the sender’s account.
The recipient has ten days from the send date to provide instructions on how to deposit the payment. After the payment expires, the funds are returned to the senders account.
The payment has successfully been deposited into the recipient’s account.